Re: Creating Samples

Subject: Re: Creating Samples
From: Betsy Pfister <bpfister -at- FRII -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:26:14 -0600

Great point, Art!

I suggested to Melanie that she might show how to improve an
existing piece, to show off her skills in recognizing both the
good and bad in a short document of her choice. However,
volunteer work is a great way to show your motivation, and I
still do it occasionally when I want to donate my time to a good
cause. It sharpens your skills, gives you a chance to try new
things, is usually free of pressure, and it adds value to your
portfolio.

Melanie, some of your other writing clips (the non-technical
stuff) are also important in your portfolio, and I think with
your background you'll have no problems changing careers.

Betsy

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=