Excite search engine & pdf

Subject: Excite search engine & pdf
From: wongword -at- OZEMAIL -dot- COM -dot- AU
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:36:54 +1100

As I understand it the search engine with Excite doesn't search pdf
files.

However I have two questions:

1 Is there anything that can be done when saving a pdf file to make it
searchable? If yes, what version of Acrobat?

2 Is there a workaround?
For example,
I could insert keywords that can be seen? (Yes, I know this is clumsy
and yukky but it's not the end of the world for lawyers who are familiar
with using keywords in their publications) I could also write the key
words into the paragraph that announces the pdf file.

However, can I insert invisible words --- like I might include for meta
data, eg in the colour of the background etc?

Regards
Irene Wong

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=