[no subject]

From: Michelle_Corbin -at- TIVOLI -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 07:11:59 -0400

>>Does anyone have a list of tips/criteria for evaluating writers?
>>
>>As the company's editor, I have been asked by my boss to give a brief
>>report/evaluation of the writers and their competence with the
applications
>>we use. All ideas will be appreciated.

Hey Gina!

I was asked to do something similar to this at a previous job of mine. I
was
somewhat uncomfortable with this, because I really wanted to be seen as a
peer.
So, I developed a set of checklists that I used while editing their
materail.
When I handed back the edits, I reviewed the items on the checklists with
the
authors and we discussed the items that I found. It became a mentoring
tool, a
communications tool, and in a way an evaluation tool. Each of us signed off
on
the checklist and we handed it off to our manager. It worked fairly well.
developed the checklists from Judith Tarutz' book "Technical Editing."

Good luck!

Michelle

Michelle Lynn Corbin
Senior Technical Editor, Tivoli Systems

E-mail: michelle -dot- corbin -at- tivoli -dot- com
Phone: (919) 254-1960 // tie 444-1960
Office: Bldg: 503 Office: B317 (RTP)
Address: Tivoli Systems, P.O. Box 12195,
3039 Cornwallis Road,
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-2195

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=