RE: Respect (was Motivation For Overtime?)

Subject: RE: Respect (was Motivation For Overtime?)
From: barry -dot- kieffer -at- exgate -dot- tek -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:40:29 -0700

9 to 5 with a full hour for lunch? You got it great! Ain't Canada great,
eh?

Here in the US I get to work from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and I work through
lunch.

My employer supplies all the free warm tap water I can drink.

Coffee is $1.50 (US) for a small cup; and with a salary of a
buck-three-eighty an hour, I try to cut back on coffee so I can pay the rent
and buy batteries for my mother's pace maker.

As far as respect: My boss comes into my cube, kicks the back of my unpadded
wooden chair and yells: "fifty pages a day, or you're out on the street!"

Jane, you have it great. You don't know how bad us "yanks" have it.

Sad Regards,

Barry (over-worked, under-paid, and under-appreciated) Kieffer

...my employer will respect me as a worker (I don't