RE: Multiple checkouts with FrameMaker?

Subject: RE: Multiple checkouts with FrameMaker?
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:53:21 -0700

Source Safe does permit multiple checkouts, at least for version 5
and later. An important caveat on the following: I've never exercised the
multiple checkout option, nor have I archived any Filemaker files.

Before you permit simultaneous checkouts, you might want to read
about how SS merges files. Their methods made me very nervous, so I chose to
keep single user checkout. We can afford to do this because we are a very
small team. Since I don't know anything about Filemaker, I can't comment on
how merging would play with it.

That said.... Open SourceSafe Administrator for the database you
want to change. In the tools>options menu, click the "general" tab and check
"allow multiple checkouts". Click ok and close administrator. You're done.

Hope this helps.

-- Meg Halter

... I just started working in a development environment with FM
books,