Difference betwen email and message

Subject: Difference betwen email and message
From: "Sonja McShane" <sonja -at- ekorp -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-l" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:13:43 +1000

I quickly scanned the archives, to no avail, though I'm sure this has been
discussed before (probably on numerous occasions).

I'm currently writing about an HTML mail system and I need to get some
consistency into my terminology. I'm currently using 'email' everywhere, but
I'm sure I should be using 'message' in some places. So, to what does
'email' refer, and to what does 'message' refer?

I'm thinking that you receive email, which comprises lots of individual
messages. Am I on the right track?

Can you please reply directly--I'm a slow digest reader. Thanks.

Sonja McShane
Technical Writer
eKorp.com