FullShot - Thanks

Subject: FullShot - Thanks
From: Kevin Feeman <Kevin -dot- Feeman -at- micromass -dot- com>
To: "'Tech Writer's List'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:23:18 -0400

All:
To those who think FullShot is great, I *agree*, The program gives a great
amount of flexibility in capturing images, buttons, menu bars, and the like
as well as being easy to use. I never said I didn't like FullShot. I just
needed help getting rid of those funky scroll bars.

Also, thanks to all that have given me advice/suggestions on how to fix the
morie (check boarding effect). I have tried the majority of the solutions,
from changing my settings to high contrast white to resetting the registry
settings, to capturing in black and white. I have gotten down to the point
where the region captures from FullShot99 are much better, not so stipey and
ugly looking. However, I have not gotten to the point where the checker
board pattern is completely gone when I save the file in FullShot and import
it into FrameMaker. I am using the .png and bmp formats. PNG is better
quality then bmp to me. I think the only way to get them 100 percent gone is
to go in and clean them up manually. I have tried on screen settings of
1024x768, running on a Windows NT 4.0 machine, and this afternoon I will try
on some different settings to see if it makes any difference. Thank you for
all of the input, suggestions, and advice.

Regards,
Kevin Feeman
Technical Publications Manager
MicroMass Communications Inc.
www.micromass.com <http://www.micromass.com/>
(919) 851-3182 Ext. 3105
kevin -dot- feeman -at- micromass -dot- com