Re: Frustrating/annoying disappearing changes trick (long)

Subject: Re: Frustrating/annoying disappearing changes trick (long)
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 18:42:35 -0700

I have seen this behaviour. It appeared on a slow machine that was running
out of resources. I had to make changes, save/close/reboot to build. Then
the changes didn't appear. I knew I made them because I am VERY careful to
highlight on the paper, mark off as I do them, etc. The client eventually
thought I was incompetent. It was pretty horrible. I was under heavy
deadlines with little time to make the corrections to a fast changing
product. And could not get the time to check every change to make sure it
was made and then the QA people found the changes were not made and I would
insist that I had and make them again and then QA... You get the idea.
Needless to say, that client never called me back.

The solution? Start looking at available disk space, memory, speed of
machine, all the stuff to see what is taking the perfomance hit. I was using
Word 6 and RH 4 but I think this applies to any version of Word/RH/HAT that
lays on top of Word. Good luck!

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!