Solution to RE: Fuzzy screen captures in Adobe PDFs

Subject: Solution to RE: Fuzzy screen captures in Adobe PDFs
From: "Tim Lewis" <Writer -dot- lewis -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 18:31:59 -0600

Last week I asked, "we have been having a problem when viewing and printing
out PDF versions Of our manuals that contain screen captures.

When taking bitmap screen captures using FullShot, it appears that large
screen captures (or even portions of a full-screen) become "fuzzy" or blurry
in appearance when viewed with Acrobat reader if the captures are reduced
to below 60% of their original size. If the capture is kept at a larger
size, it looks fine, but if it is a full-screen capture, it is too large to
print so we scale them down."

I had a number of replies but Dave offered a link that fully explains how to
fix the problem. Others offered the same solution, without the link. Because
others said that they also had the same problem, I am posting his reply.

Thanks for your help. It makes our docs look a lot cleaner.

Tim Lewis
Writer/Producer
Video, Multimedia, Technical & Web
mailto:writer -dot- lewis -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net

From Dave McGill:
In Frame, select the image, then Graphics -> Object Properties -> set
dpi.
As I recall there is some circumstance where the "set dpi" button is
disabled. I don't have my manual with me, so I can't give you the
specifics.

I found the solution at the Adobe support page, and remember throwing
it in my blue-box just yesterday. I fished it out, and here is the url,
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/1b6fe.htm