RE: Famous Technical Writers?

Subject: RE: Famous Technical Writers?
From: Brent L Jones <bjones -at- VersatileSoftware -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:31:56 -0700

Bill Hartzer [mailto:BHartzer -at- cha-systems -dot- com]
wrote on 15 November 1999 10:59:

> Are there any famous technical writers?
> Has anyone ever become famous by being a technical writer?

Well, he's not famous *as* a technical writer, but Thomas Pynchon was a
technical writer for, I believe, Boeing, before becoming successful as a
fiction writer and dropping off the face of the planet.

I would imagine that explains many of his idiosyncrasies!

cheers,
brent

--
Brent Jones, Documentation Manager