RE: Which help module?

Subject: RE: Which help module?
From: Brent L Jones <bjones -at- VersatileSoftware -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:45:27 -0700

Tim Altom wrote on 03 November 1999 12:21:

> If you're asking about a help authoring tool (HAT) I
> recommend ForeHelp.
> Everyone I know using it is happy with it. I'm a believer.

[deletia]

I agree wholeheartedly, as someone who has used both ForeHelp and RoboHelp.

I wonder if Blue Sky is aware how notorious their rapacious, opaque pricing
policies and kamikaze marketing (I know people that have virtually been
*hounded* by BS sales reps!) is becoming amongst doc and help people. Their
product is solid, and all things being equal I would feel comfortable
choosing either ForeHelp or RoboHelp. However, the massively uncool vibes I
felt radiating out from Blue Sky every time I dealt with them during my
latest HAT purchase decision made ForeHelp a very easy call.

FWIW, etc.

brent

P.S. I live in Boulder, Colorado, and thus make all of my important
professional decisions based on how "cool" the vibes I experience are,
matrixed with a karma quotient.

P.P.S. ForeHelp is based here, but I have no relationship of any sort with
them, other than that of satisfied customer.
--
Brent Jones, Documentation Manager
Versatile Software, Boulder CO