Re: Which help module?

Subject: Re: Which help module?
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "TechDoc List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:20:36 -0500

If you're asking about a help authoring tool (HAT) I recommend ForeHelp.
Everyone I know using it is happy with it. I'm a believer.

If you're asking about a help reader DLL or other app like NetHelp or Blue
Sky's WebHelp, I'm not impressed with any of them. None of them are as
stable as the old, retired WinHelp. Nowadays compatibility is more of a
factor than usability or suitability. I see the plethora of help systems as
more of a boon to training companies than a benefit to users.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar Method(TM)
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
http://www.simplywritten.com