Graphics capture tool in Acrobat4?

Subject: Graphics capture tool in Acrobat4?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "List, Framers" <Framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com>, "List, Techwriter" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:07:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi, guys...I'm attempting to document a capability of
the new Acrobat 4 for my web help site and I have
something odd.

In the Acrobat help file, it mentions that there is a
tool to highlight and copy text and a tool to
highlight a copy graphics.

I have the text tool and it works. no problem.
However, the graphics tool doesn't even show on my
tool bar, either active or dimmed.

Now, the documents we PDF are scanned and we use Adobe
Capture 2.01, so I could understand it being dimmed
because it doesn't know that a graphic exists, but to
not even show up?

BTW...there are no special conditions set in Security.

I've also been on hold for Adobe two different
instances today, each for over an hour with no answer.

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard