Format for writing an internet protocol

Subject: Format for writing an internet protocol
From: "Nancy Ussery" <buffi -at- kittymail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 06:58:48 +0800

Hello all,
The geniuses I work with are developing a wonderful new internet protocol and I need to document it. I'm an experienced tech whirler, but I've never documented a protocol before. I wondered if any of you on the list could suggest a good resource for suggestions on format and/or guidelines.

Thanks,
Nancy Ussery