RE: Fly-over hints, ToolTips, ScreenTips, what is it?

Subject: RE: Fly-over hints, ToolTips, ScreenTips, what is it?
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com>
To: "'Beth Kane'" <bethkane -at- tcisolutions -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 17:45:25 -0500

I have heard this referred to as "mouse-overs".

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree
But Please - Don't Flame Me.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." --
Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

On Friday, December 03, 1999 2:10 PM, Beth Kane
[SMTP:bethkane -at- tcisolutions -dot- com] wrote:
> Our applications have lots of "hover help," wherein holding your cursor over
> something in the interface causes a line of text to appear in a box,
> explaining that item. The help text disappears within about 3 seconds. The
> previous writer of the docs I'm working on referred to it as "fly-over
> hints." I've heard others casually refer to it as hover help. I don't think
> either of those terms is correct.

Previous by Author: OT: Screen captures without marquee
Next by Author: RE: Acrobat training?
Previous by Thread: Fly-over hints, ToolTips, ScreenTips, what is it?
Next by Thread: Graduate school: Utah State's online program

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads