guidance sought for beginning Oracle DB doc

Subject: guidance sought for beginning Oracle DB doc
From: kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 16:47:22 -0600

Hello, techwhirlrs:

I am beginning a project in which I'm going to create a sizeable technical
reference for Oracle DBAs and developers. It's my first Oracle project, and I'd
be grateful for any bits of advice any of you care to toss out. I do have a few
specific questions:

1. Is there a particular reference book/tool/tutorial that you do or do not
recommend? I know Oracle is a complex application. I'm looking for something to
which I can refer and understand general and specific topics, but which won't
overwhelm me. Possible??

2. Has anyone created an online version of a technical reference? I'd like to
approach it this way and am in the process of arranging time to poll the DBAs
and developers here, who will be only part of my audience. Win-Help style or
HTML-Help style? Web-style? The online tool would be available on a server now
and <someday> on the intranet site I am supposed to develop in my "down time."

3. If you have developed a tech reference specifically for the database layer of
an application--are there any pointers that you'd like to pass along?

I appreciate your time with this. Thank you for sharing.

Regards,

--Kimber

Kimber Miller
Affiliated Computer Services