FWD: Anonymous tip about Frame futures

Subject: FWD: Anonymous tip about Frame futures
From: <anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 07:27:07 -0600 (MDT)

Forwarded anonymously on request:

Following the (fairly) recent debate about the longevity of Framemaker I
thought I'd pass on some information I got recently from a reliable Adobe
source. I was told that Adobe were currently working on V7 and that the
spec for V8 was also being worked on. My source had been told to keep
things quiet at the moment and no details of changes etc. were
forthcoming. However, he saw no real need for the excessive secrecy and
felt that users needed to know that it was going to continue and not be
phased out, certainly not for some time. One thing that was mentioned
(possibly a slip of the tongue) was that there were no real competitors to
Frame and that Frame with XML would be the main large doc tool in the
future.

Forwarded anonymously on request. If you want the
original poster to see your response, you must reply
to the TECHWR-L list. All direct replies to this

message are automatically discarded. Contact Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com with questions.