What do you call these?

Subject: What do you call these?
From: Joyce Fetterman <JoyceF -at- gtsoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:01:19 -0400

I need to document some features of software applications that will apply
only to a few users. We don't want to include this information in the
product doc, because for most users it would raise more questions than it
answers. We will provide this info to customers on a need-to-know basis.

Our company used to call such documents "Extended Product References". To
me, that's a lot of syllables that don't say much.

Can anyone suggest a better name for these documents? Please copy me
directly with replies, as I'm on digest. Thanks.


"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin


Planning to attend IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe? Sign up by
October 3 and get a substantial discount! Program information,
online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/

+++ Miramo -- Database/XML publishing automation. See us at +++
+++ Seybold SFO, Sept. 25-27, in the Adobe Partners Pavilion +++
+++ More info: http://www.axialinfo.com http://www.miramo.com +++

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: Advice, please
Next by Author: Re: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?
Previous by Thread: RE: emergency -- Word problem regarding "nesting too deeply"
Next by Thread: Re: What do you call these?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads