RE: Hiring Publications Managers

Subject: RE: Hiring Publications Managers
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:50:14 -0000

While we're on the subject, what sort of time scales distinguish a
"permy" from a contractor. Working as a permy (and that is not a
reference to my hair), my last three positions have been two years, two
years and a year respectively (and I'd be impressed if the current one
lasts another year). In the first two cases, I left because I was
unsatisfied with the job (bored, wanted to live in Ireland,
under-challenged, etc). Clearly I'm not a pinnacle of employee loyalty.
Do I get binned with the rest of the contractors?

(Needless to say, I'm considering going the contractor route in the
not-too-distant future). DB.