Thank you Kelley for answering my question...(or, blessed are the peach makers...)

Subject: Thank you Kelley for answering my question...(or, blessed are the peach makers...)
From: Charles E Vermette <cvermette -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 08:32:34 -0500

I originally asked:

>"Having said that, I've found the words "commitment", "discipline" and
>"rewards" to be ambiguous (to put it mildly-if Ambrose Bierce was
writing
>the Devil's Dictionary today, I'm sure he'd have some pithy definitions
>for these!)"

Kelley replied:

ROTFLMAO. Well, with a reference to Ambrose Bierce in mind, I shall forge

ahead with an analogy anyway...(see Techwr-l Feb6, post number 80)

...and it was a great analogy. Thank you for answering my question.

To continue the analogy, my purpose in asking it is to gain insight as to
why an employer would want a peach (permanent employee) as opposed to a
contractor. For me and others, it's important to understand the language
of peaches, even if we want to remain apples.

If I may gently remind everyone: there is a difference between
understanding a point of view and agreeing with it/condoning it. It's a
hard thing to remember when you can only find peaches when you want
apples, but let's keep it in mind.

Blessed are the peach makers - for they shall see jobs (or contracts...)

-Chuck

PS I know what ROFTL means, but what does MAO mean?

Charles E. Vermette
85 Washington Park Drive, Norwell MA 02061
781-659-1836
e-mail: cvermette -at- juno -dot- com
web: http://www.charlesvermette.com