RE: Grim numbers, just grim

Subject: RE: Grim numbers, just grim
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:45:55

My point is that they are basically asking for experienced >programmer/writers and they are offering them $35 an hour, with no >benefits.

I will have to look for this job on monster. I interviewed for a similar position this week, but they were trying to get someone (direct hire) for $25 an hour. I was supposed to write an SDK, write marketing documents, edit white papers, create help files, and in my "spare" time do admin work for the company president.

Things are tight around here, but I really don't think the company will find the person they want at that wage. I certainly wasn't interested.

Diane Evans, still looking for the right position