Re: Portfolio Question

Subject: Re: Portfolio Question
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:58:18 -0800

Cass Sadek wrote:

1. Is a portfolio something that you should be able to
leave with a potential employer? Or is it just one
folder that you carry around with you to give them a
glimpse of what you've done?

Whenever you leave your house, chain the portfolio to your wrist. Have at least two bodyguards with dark shades and a minimum weight of 300 pounds between them, one walking ahead of you and one walking beside you. Arrange for the streets to be sealed before you start, and for a police escort of at least 12. Double-check for snipers along your projected route. If you are in danger of apprehension, eat the portfolio. Quickly. When not using your portfolio, put it in an obscure, high-security vault along with your diamonds and your first born.

In other words, never, never, NEVER leave your original portfolio with a potential employer. Your portfolio simply isn't as valuable to anyone else as it is to you, and the time and effort of replacing it can be horrendous. Always leave copies.

2. Should I have a 'soft' portfolio as well that could
be emailed to a potential employer?

An on-line portfolio is always useful. In some cases, it can even a hard copy portfolio.

3. Any other pointers you could give a newbie on
creating a great portfolio?

Have a look at the list site (www.raycomm.com). You'll find some useful informatin there.

"I'm not afraid of gambling, I just want some odds, that's all."
-The Mollys, "Come on Strong and Run"