Re: Portfolio Question

Subject: Re: Portfolio Question
From: Nora von Gerichten <wlg -at- pacificcoast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 04:26:24 -0800

Whenever you leave your house, chain the portfolio to your wrist. Have at least two bodyguards with dark shades and a minimum weight of 300 pounds between them, one walking ahead of you and one walking beside you. Arrange for the streets to be sealed before you start, and for a police escort of at least 12. Double-check for snipers along your projected route. If you are in danger of apprehension, eat the portfolio. Quickly. When not using your portfolio, put it in an obscure, high-security vault along with your diamonds and your first born.

I am freely leaving portfolios all over the place and it is paying off. I am using "biz-card" CD discs with pdf files on them. So what if someone plagiarizes it (its been done to me). My object is to develop a style. If someone wants to copy, plagiarize, steal, etc. I think of it as a complement. I write. I can always write new stuff. I have multiple projects at all time just so that I always am gaining new experiences.

An on-line portfolio is always useful. In some cases, it can even a hard copy portfolio.

I am not a web developer, nor want to be. Do not want to spend the time or money for a web site. The mini CDs are great. They work just as well. I am mailing them out to biz contacts. Good PR, good presentation, and good to make contact again. Many of my clients have become friends.

I wrote earlier this morning about how the concept of a portfolio revolutionized my finding contracts. I put my heart and soul into making one. Why do I want to just flash it, that is just a tease. I give them out to look at, show around, go back to, find my telephone number, etc. etc. They are still a novelty. They work for me. I am proud of my portfolio, I do not want to hide it.

Nora