RE: Resume format

Subject: RE: Resume format
From: Nora von Gerichten <wlg -at- pacificcoast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 04:38:00 -0800

> > * Do you think it's a good idea to sort the meat of a resume by
> skills
> > rather than by employers?
> Only if you goal is to win a creative writing contest. Do you
> think it is a good idea to answer all the interviewers'questions
> in Latin?

I do not use a resume but a CV. Some difference, not so much, but some. Major advantage is that I can be freer with how I organize the info. I sort by activities (not skills). I have a list of past clients upon request. I have worked completely by contract for the past 10 years fulfilling a variety of activities. Writing, funding, assessment, teaching, etc. These are related and interconnected activities that give a better overview of my abilities than a long list of clients under which is repeated over and over the same info.

Its a judgement call.

Re: Resume format: From: Brad Jensen
RE: Resume format: From: Justin Cascio