RE: How is the job market in your area?

Subject: RE: How is the job market in your area?
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- adelphia -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:40:00 -0800

[...]

> BTW--probably the most effective thing I did was to post my resume on
> Monster. I got contacted for several jobs that never got posted
> anywhere, including two interviews and one job offer.

yep. I've gotten jobs in all kinds of ways, including from ads in the newpaper.
But I get calls all the time (that being a relative term, given the economy) in
response to my resume on Monster and Dice in particular... and not just from
recruiters. The calls from employers are always for jobs they have not posted
anywhere, at least not yet. In other words, employers may not be posting on the
job boards, but they are certainly scanning them.

The market here in L.A. is still pretty thin, and there are more of us applying
for each position. But the phone is starting to ring again. That's something.

Maggie Secara