RE: What's A TW Got To DO To Get A Job Around Here?!

Subject: RE: What's A TW Got To DO To Get A Job Around Here?!
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:00:08 -0800

An article I read once gave me a useful insight into looking for a job.

When men see an ad for a job, if they meet less than half the requirements,
they apply. If women meet more than 80%, then and only then do they apply.

The research theorized that one reason men advance or at least have more
varied employment lives than women was this skill fitting issue. Women want
all our skills to fit the listed skills. Men don't care as much about that.
They assumed (when asked by these researchers) that they could learn what
they didn't know as they worked. When asked, the women in that study said
they didn't feel comfortable applying because they did not have all the
qualifications.

A thought in your search.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin