Re: HUMOR: STC Conference Time!
I've seen this rant before, and I am still left wondering.... why would the STC have sessions that addressed technical topics?Well, to start with:
- Because people might like a chance to hear about topics they're curious about or only mildly interested in.
- Because more technical knowledge makes tech-writers more employable, and helps them to do their jobs better.
- Because no specialty conference approaches technical subjects from the particular viewpoint of writers.
- Because the writing and management topics are limited, and were exhausted a long, long time ago.
- Because there's a demand (as this thread shows).
Bruce Byfield 604.421.7177 bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com
"I respect kindness to human beings first of all, and kindness to animals. I don't respect the law; I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer."
Free copy of ARTS PDF Tools when you register for the PDF
Conference by April 30. Leading-Edge Practices for Enterprise
& Government, June 3-5, Bethesda,MD. www.PDFConference.com
Are you using Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp? Switch to RoboHelp for Word for $249
or to RoboHelp Office for only $499. Get the PC Magazine five-star rated
Help authoring tool for less! Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.
RE: HUMOR: STC Conference Time!: From: Matthew Horn
Previous by Author:
Re: UNIX and Windows documentation
Next by Author: Re: TW salaries in B.C. -- LONG
Previous by Thread: RE: HUMOR: STC Conference Time!
Next by Thread: RE: HUMOR: STC Conference Time!
Visit TechWhirl's Other Sites