Essay on fonts and usability

Subject: Essay on fonts and usability
From: Carolee Burgess <caroleeb -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:26:02 -0400

The essay (now that I located the book) is "The Uniqueness of Individual
Perception" by Roger Whitehouse. It is in a book called Information Design,
edited by Robert Jacobson, MIT Press, 2000.

Most of the essays deal with the (dreaded, in my opinion) theory behind
information design, but Whitehouse's essay was a great example of theory
being used in "the real world".

By the way, I enjoyed reading Andrew's posts on the whole, and really didn't
get offended by the way he said it. Maybe I have a thicker skin than some,
but I did find myself agreeing with some of his attitudes.

I do think there's no need to get so personal on this list. When I am
tempted to respond sharply to someone's post, I simply ask myself if I would
say it to his/her face. If I wouldn't say it in person, I won't say it in
print. It's a lot easier to get personal when you don't have to face the
person. Just my .02.

Carolee