Re: Language-problems with PDF-bookmarks

Subject: Re: Language-problems with PDF-bookmarks
From: A_Fufu <afufu -at- aptm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 21:41:43 +0200

On Mac, we solved this issue for instruction books in Romanian by using:
- first try: regionalized fonts by Apple (old, not all diacritics have key combination available)
- final solution: personalized a family of fonts with Fontographer to include only Romanian diacritics and to specify a clever key-combination.

It works perfectly with FM5.5 /FM6.0 and Distiller 405. Should be OK with Acrobat5
Everything, including linked cross-references is OK.
Easy and .... costs zero + the time to trick the fonts.
Obviously, this can be a personal/internal-use solution to avoid copyright problems with font families...
Write me off list if you need details.
Best,
AF

At 09:06 +0200 29.04.2003, Holger Gremminger wrote:

When converting from FrameMaker 7 to PDF (with Adobe Acrobat 5 Distiller) in
the languages
Turkish
Greek
Polish
Czech
Hungarian
Slovakian
Russian
Romanian
we get bookmarks with strange characters.

We know this is an Adobe-problem. We know there are solutions available. But
the ones we know are VERY expensive and/or VERY complicated.

Does anybody in the list have any experience in fixing such problems?

Regards
Holger Gremminger

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.
FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com