selection statement in the doc

Subject: selection statement in the doc
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:34:51 -0400

Hi, guys...My FM documentation contains many tables, most of which are
subsets of data found in my application master table. I've switched over
from keeping the table in Excel to Access. What is the opinion of putting
the selection statement in the documentation so that each time the table
must be recreated with updated information, the statement is copies from the
table, pasted in query window and run.

Currently, this documentation is internal only. Would the answer be
different if it was also for external? Would you bother making it
conditional so only you see it, or would it give the techie people the warm
fuzzies that the data was created from a statement that they speak as a
second language?

Thoughts?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
icq: 178047452
aim: jposada1
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream
of things that never were, and ask why not?"
-----Robert Francis Kennedy, 1968 presidential campaign

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com