Re: RFP best practices question

Subject: Re: RFP best practices question
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 19:56:33 -0400

Bill Darnall wrote:

Dick Margulis [margulis -at- fiam -dot- net] said:
---snip ----------------
1. Even if it involves passing a camel through the eye of a needle, we
try to answer Yes to every question. Sometimes, if we're feeling frisky,
we back off and give an honest No to one or two if they seem
sufficiently unimportant.

From an ethics standpoint, it's not nice to lie. Saying you "meet the
intent" of the requirement is an option, if you do. You can create legal
problems for your company if you say you can do something and you can't do
it and your customer holds you to it.

I did not mean to imply that we lie. We don't. We just employ some rather contorted workarounds sometimes.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com