Re: "Sticky fields?"

Subject: Re: "Sticky fields?"
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 09:25:25 -0700

Erin Cullingham wrote:

In our design documents, we've called them "sticky fields," since the data
stays sort of "stuck" inside... but I can't use this term in the Help. It's
too cute.

In a world that has had floppy drives and Clippy the Office Assistant, you think that "sticky fields" is too cute?

Really, there's nothing wrong with the term. I've seen "sticky" used for persistent items in an interface often enough.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"I denounce the heresy of Creationism
that would dismiss my mourning as sentimental
and allege a unique sentience divided us;
evolution would alow our parallel minds to meet
if love alone could not."

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com