RE: Drafts Back in Time

Subject: RE: Drafts Back in Time
From: "Cindy Kight" <Cindy -dot- Kight -at- DataMaxGroup -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 15:33:30 -0500

Willow writes:

<Cindy Knight wrote an interesting post earlier about the different
personalities in her office and included this:
~> If I were to flirt
~> with a co-worker to try to get something, they'd know it was
~> manipulation because that's not me. (And laugh me out of
~> the building! :) Likewise, if I got hard and determined,
~> they'd wonder what alien had taken over my body.

<I feel the same way. I am not by nature a very outgoing person. The
nice/happy/chatty approach wouldn't work for me because it would be fake.
I'm not walking around the building snarling at anyone who dares glance my
way, but I'm not buddy buddy with everyone either. I think my co-workers
respect that I just do my job and pester them as infrequently as possible.

To me, boils down to this: Are you being genuine with people? If you're a natural smiley cookie-baker, great. If you're down-to-business, great. But if you're baking cookies, or being 'tough', or being flirty/happy/chatty, or doing ANYTHING only out of a motivation to 'get something' from someone else, people will pick up on that, won't like you, and will be less inclined to help you.

Cindy Kight(ahem, no "n" :)

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com