Re: Notifying for Reviews and Routing approvals

Subject: Re: Notifying for Reviews and Routing approvals
From: "Kat Nagel (lists only)" <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L list <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:57:11 -0400

John Posada:

I'm looking at a model such as what we use for bug
tracking. An entry is made and it is assigned to someone. They get an email,
click a link, do whatever it is that the item asks, then enter comments and
either click the resolve button or assign it to the next person. The only
problem I have with what we use (FogBugz), is that you can only assign one
person at a time and I see where multiple assignees will be needed since a
document can refer to multiple other systems.
Anyone using a system that resembles what I'm talking about?

I've done something similar with several bug-tracking systems. They all limited 'ownership' of a bug to one assignee, so I just entered a separate bug for each effected system:

Fidgiter code update--impact on Control system
Fidgiter code update--impact on Positioning system
Fidgiter code update--impact on Output Selection system
Fidgiter code update--impact on documentation
(Yes, I wrote bug reports as reminders to myself. Anything
to keep important stuff from falling through the cracks. It
also never hurts to let others see how many fires you have
to put out in the course of a project <g>.)

Kat Nagel