Re: Potential Client/Need Advise

Subject: Re: Potential Client/Need Advise
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:27:49 -0700

Quoting Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>:

> In the follow up call this TW told me that I
> wouldn't be a good fit because I write books.

That sounds like jealousy to me.

But, whatever the reason, people interviewing sometimes apply the strangest
filters in their search. I don't know whether they're ignorant, just need
excuses, or have perspectives so totally different from mine that I can't
communicate with them, or what. However, at various times, I've been told that,
because I work with Linux, I'm not qualified to write about Windows software,
and that seven years' teaching and another seven writing manuals didn't qualify
me for doing an e-learning project. I try to just shrug it off. If you're going
to be a consultant, there's going to be a lot of rejection in your life. I just
have to accept it; I don't have to make sense of it.
--
Bruce Byfield bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com 604-421.7177

"Comes a heat wave, you can get down to the shore,
Comes a summons, you can hide behind the door,
Comes love, nothing can be done."