Re: Framemaker v. Word v. ?

Subject: Re: Framemaker v. Word v. ?
From: "T.W. Smith" <techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:50:25 -0400

Well, if you use FM, those who edit the document need FM.
Roundtripping from FM to Word is painful; the two products work in two
different ways for two different audiences.

However, for 60-80 pages Word will more than do what you want.

On 9/29/05, Melissa Wang <melissa -at- taprootfoundation -dot- org> wrote:
> am looking for an application that will allow me to create different
> versions of a manual-like document. Basically, this manual would be the
> compilation of several different chapters - some of the chapters would
> be the same across the different versions and some would be different.<snip>
>The document that I am looking to create would probably be
> around 60-80 pages and include some tables and graphics - nothing
> terribly fancy, but perhaps more than Word can handle comfortably.

======
T.

Remember, this is online. Take everything with a mine of salt and a grin.