Re: The New Communication (was Formality going Bye, Bye)

Subject: Re: The New Communication (was Formality going Bye, Bye)
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:29:24 -0500

I think we are all of the above...writers, educators, hacks... Our material educates the reader in how to operate or use the product they just bought. It also educates potential customers about the level of support they can expect and about the product itself through product data sheets, etc. Our output is also a marketing tool that can be used to convince potential customers to buy our stuff instead of the competitors. The audiences may differ, which requires a shift in writing styles, but the end result is the same, convince the customer to buy the product and keep coming back for more.

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

See also:

"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang