RE: Working Remotely (was: White Paper Editing & Standards Setting)

Subject: RE: Working Remotely (was: White Paper Editing & Standards Setting)
From: Me Too <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:06:41 -0700 (PDT)

My opinion may be colored by the fact that I'm one of
the guys whose information may have been compromised.
The odds of my bank account being looted and my credit
cards being maxed out without my knowledge have taken
a serious turn for the worse.

My first reaction is, how could he have been so ! -at- $#!
stupid?

My second reaction is, whatever their pre-existing
policy of not taking such data home, or of working on
it remotely, he should be fired for almost-criminal
negligence. There is a world of information out there,
not just on the Net but in mainstream news, about the
dangers of identity theft. In such a situation, the
idea of someone taking such a huge mass of
confidential information outside a secure location is
incomprehensible to me. Thank Christ he didn't work in
the agency that secures nuclear weapon stockpiles.

http://mail.yahoo.com