What tools to buy?

Subject: What tools to buy?
From: wawelsmok <wawelsmok -at- o2 -dot- pl>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:11:55 +0200

Hi Everyone!

My boss came into my office yesterday with the following question: Do you have any hardware/software requests for the coming year?

I am one of two tech writers for a pretty large software company. The only experience we both have in tech writing is with this company. The only two software packages we use is Microsoft Office and RoboHelp.

If your boss came to you with that same question, what would you say? What are the must-have software packages in a Tech Writing department?

Looking forward to reading you answers!

Pete :)