Working as a Technical Writer in Madrid

Subject: Working as a Technical Writer in Madrid
From: T K <tvk_tw -at- yahoo -dot- ie>
To: techcomm -at- user -dot- itconsult -dot- co -dot- uk, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 18:32:18 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I am wondering about the possibility of working as a technical writer in Madrid, writing in English rather than Spanish. I am hoping that there may be companies there who would require technical writers to work in English. Multinational companies would have English as their working language so they would be an obvious target, but perhaps there are also Spanish companies who would require writing done in English (e.g. if expoerting to English-speaking nations). If anyone has any experience or knowledge of the technical writing industry in Spain I would appreciate a reply. An initial reply can be to the list and if the discussion becomes very specific we can take it off-list.

Best regards,
Tom.