Re: People don't see problems that don't happen

Subject: Re: People don't see problems that don't happen
From: "elizabeth j allen" <eja -at- samurai -dot- com>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 13:22:27 -0400 (EDT)

I have to echo Gene's sentiment.

What's unethical about saying the following? "This is too much work for me
to do. Pick what you want me to work on during work hours." When work
hours are over, go home.

That said, I do often put in some extra time as deadlines approach.
However, unless the company made it clear when they hired you that 16-hour
days were part of the job (and compensates you accordingly), then
expecting that level of effort on the employee's part is unethical.

Elizabeth
--
Elizabeth J. Allen
Technical Writer