Re: WebHelp & TOC Syncing--Help!

Subject: Re: WebHelp & TOC Syncing--Help!
From: Joe <jsokohl -at- mac -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 07:13:44 -0400

Hi all,

thanks for comments on this. Here's where we are:

Yes, we're using map IDs. We found one more work around for the
problem. We need to edit whthost.js in the generated WebHelp like this:

1. Open the whthost.js file in a text editor.

2. Find the function realPutData()

3. Edit checkFillStub() to look like this:
// fix to force sync

This forces the TOC to synchronise every time including when we open
the help. If we use the generated output, we will need to make that
change every time we generate.

What I don't understand is--

a) Why?
b) How scalable is this solution?