Re: Qualifications for an off shore writer?

Subject: Re: Qualifications for an off shore writer?
From: John Garison <john -at- garisons -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:44:37 -0500

I second Peter's comments.

When I was in India training our offshore team, I told them many times
that the way we would determine their progress was by the number and
quality of questions they asked. They still didn't ask very many.

I specifically recall one instance. I asked if they understood something
in class and they all nodded. I asked again and got more nods. After
class one of them came up to me and said "I have doubts." What that
turned out to mean was that he doubted his understanding of something.

It is a difficult and time-consuming thing to build the trust where they
feel free enough to ask questions as in their culture asking questions
could be interpreted to mean that your explanation wasn't very good.

My 2¢,

John G

http://www.doctohelp.com