Re: Shazam! You're a marketing writer!

Subject: Re: Shazam! You're a marketing writer!
From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 20:40:36 -0500

Couple of things I've learned along the way about marketing...

1. In many cases the target buyer is not the user but the person who writes the check. Users are often *not* the person who makes the purchase decision. Make sure you're providing good reasons for the purchasing agent or VP in charge of these sorts of decisions to select your product. Don't necessarily make this the *only* approach but make sure you take it into consideration.

2. Tell them how you're going to help them solve their problem. All the seamless ease of use isn't going to sell your product if they can't see that the product will solve their problem.

3. As an adjunct to #2 above, I also learned that telling folks how you can accomplish something in "three easy steps" gets their attention as well.

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator

http://www.doctohelp.com