RE: Appropriate -- so inappropriate!

Subject: RE: Appropriate -- so inappropriate!
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:23:26 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
Gene Kim-Eng

[...about "connect to the appropriate connector" or "follow the appropriate safety standards"...]

> My SMEs know they can be this vague with their comments if they need
> something added and aren't sure exactly what the "appropriate" bit of
> information is at the moment they're reviewing a document
> because they
> know that if I don't have it already I will get it, even if I
> have come
> back and hound them until I get it from them.

Ah. I was waiting for _that_ shoe to drop.

If I happen to know (or think I know) which connector or standard or thingummie they're talking about, I'll counter with "Do you mean XYZ?"

Otherwise, it's either the standards guy who gets pestered (full-stop),or it's the standards guy who gets pestered with something like: "Terry, can you assist? William was unsure which standard would apply..." (CC: William, of course)

BTW, our industry doesn't make much reference to safety standards. We do deal with other sorts of standards, so the concept is valid.

- Kevin

IF SCROLLING IS A PROBLEM, WE HAVE INVENTED A HANDY DEVICE CALLED [PageDown].
LOOK FOR IT TOWARD THE RIGHT-HAND SIDE OF YOUR KEYBOARD.

IF YOU VIEW THIS STUFF AS DIGEST _AND_ ON A CRACKBERRY... OMG!
DO YOU ALSO EAT GLASS?

or disclosing it.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.