RE: Surreptitious reporting...

Subject: RE: Surreptitious reporting...
From: "Sharon Burton" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "'Robert Lauriston'" <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:22:53 -0700

Robert, here's the deal. I've spent most of my day responding to these
comments. I only work very part time for MadCap right now and am not getting
paid to do this. But because I've spent the bulk of my day doing this, I've
not billed any time towards my client nor done anything for my students.

I've been really clear that I'm not super educated about the details of
exactly how Feedback works - it was the next product I was going to pick up
when we sat me down for a while. I have a high level understanding of the
product, I see the potential and how great it is for both users and tech
authors. But the tiny details of what and where and how, I don't have.

I can't defend this anymore. You win. I have ~75 students, a client, and a
little MadCap work to spend my time on. I have to focus on the stuff that
brings in money. I wish I could do more but it's 2:20pm and I've billed
nothing today.

I *strongly* encourage you to contact Mike Hamilton and get him to do a demo
for you. You can reach him at mhamilton -at- madcapsoftware -dot- com -dot-

He's traveling right now and probably won't be back in country until next
week. But he's a delightful smart man and I bet he can explain this to you
in detail so fine, your brain will melt. I'd like to sit in so I can get
more educated about the product when you arrange that, please. That way I
can also learn.

I'm sorry but I've lost too much billable time on this topic. I wish I could
do more. I'm very interested in what you learn from Mike because it will
educate me.

sharon

Sharon Burton
MadCap Software Product Consultant
Managing your content, one topic at a time
www.anthrobytes.com
951-369-8590
IM: sharonvburton -at- yahoo -dot- com
Twitter: sharonburton