Re: Job searching in this time of attrition...

Subject: Re: Job searching in this time of attrition...
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Steve Schwarzman" <steve -at- writersbookmall -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 10:16:01 -0700

I think the fact that this suggestion came in the middle of an exchange about looking at a company's existing documents online may have gotten me a bit fixated on the idea of a candidate cold-calling a tech pubs manager and pointing how he or she could help "fix problems."

Perhaps a better idea might be to examine a company's documents to determine areas where more advanced techniques or processes could bring improvements over what's currently being produced and offering those. There's a good chance that a forward-thinking manager might be aware of those and have one eye open for ways to bring them into the company.

This, of course, assumes that the would-be candidate actually knows those more advanced techniques or processes.

Gene Kim-Eng