Re: Training Manual?

Subject: Re: Training Manual?
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Connie Ross <connie -at- hartiatech -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:42:50 -0800

In ISO Land, if the manual is an overview of how it's done it'd be a
process document and if it's detailed step-by-step directions it'd be a
work instruction. In this case, any name will probably work as long as the
subtitle and/or introductory front matter says something that imparts the
message "do it this way or you're fired."

As for examples, I have this from when I reclad my fireplace a few years
back.

http://www.culturedstone.com/literature/docs/62433_CS_install_instructions.pdf

It has some characteristics that make it a bit whacky for an amateur
installer, such as putting the list of required tools at the end rather
than the beginning, but I think it was actually intended for pros who carry
all these tools around all the time anyway.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.doctohelp.com