Mixed capitalization for marketing brochures - what do you think?

Subject: Mixed capitalization for marketing brochures - what do you think?
From: Debbie Hemstreet <D_Hemstreet -at- rambam -dot- health -dot- gov -dot- il>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 13:30:27 +0200

Hi All,

Long time since I've written, am writing from my new job in Israel...

I'm working on a marketing brochure and would like to know if there are any standards when it comes to how capitalization is used in marketing brochures.

I have a proposal from a graphic artist which, in general, I am pleased with, but I'm a bit disconcerted by the following:
This is an 8 page brochure that has two inside folds, when opened, it looks like this

Unopened: Page 1 (flip and see back, page 8)

First opening: Page

Second opening: Page 2 and page 7

Flip open page 2 and page 7 and see: page 3, 4, 5, and 6 in one large spread

My problem is the use of capitalization, but the artist says that since its art, it's OK. I'm not sure.

Referring to above page numbers

Page 1: all small letters - looks very impressive though
Page 2 and Page 7 - First letter caps for nouns, verbs, etc. in titles, standard capitalization for paragraphs.
Again, looks very impressive
Pages 3,4,5,6: Headings are ALL CAPS
Page 8 - One heading is all caps, and then a sentence is presented as a heading but it is first letter caps throughout the sentence.

---------------------

I think this is just too much different capitalization. For simplicity, I'd rather have it all be one style throughout, but then differentiation throughout becomes a bit of a problem if we go with the no capitalization style (already done in another brochure which looks quite nice).

What do you think?

Opinions?

Ideas?

Thanks in advance