Re: image resizing better with Word 10 than Gimp?

Subject: Re: image resizing better with Word 10 than Gimp?
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Rebecca Edmondson <beckyed -at- rcn -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:07:37 -0700

Word's resizing algorithm is very good. Also helping is the fact that when
you resize an image in Word you are really only changing the magnification
of its screen and print display and not reducing the pixels of the image
the way resizing/resampling does in image editors. (no matter how you scale
an image's size in Word, the pixel count and file size stay the same).

If file size and system memory are not issues and you want maximum quality,
use image editors to crop and do other changes but don't resize/resample,
then insert the image full size in Word and reduce it there.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help